Mental Health Awareness and Support
About this Workshop
Mental health concerns will directly impact one in every five people. The remaining four will know a friend, family member, coworker, or acquaintance that struggles with their mental health. Given this prevalence, it is essential that people build capacity to support those with mental health concerns because early identification and support typically lead to continued well-being. This workshop explores factors affecting mental health and provides a general overview of common adult mental illnesses. Most importantly, participants will learn how to be a support and discover strategies for creating more inclusive environments that reduce stigma surrounding mental health.Inquire about Training
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to anyone wanting to learn more about mental health, including employees and managers.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- What Contributes to Poor Mental Health
- Stigma and Myths About Mental Illness
- Illness as Influence, Not Identity
- A Review of Mental Illnesses
- Mental Health Concerns and Addictions
- Mental Health Concerns and Suicide
- Signs That Someone May Be Struggling
- Creating a Supportive Environment
- Finding a Qualified Counsellor
- Tips for Supporting Those That May Be Struggling