About this Workshop
Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including those who engage with our organizations. Compassionate and trauma-informed care is essential to providing effective support and building sustainable services. Based on our book, A Little Book About Trauma-Informed Workplaces, this workshop explores five key principles to integrate a trauma-informed approach throughout the organization. By embracing these principles, participants can better contribute to the positive transformation of individuals and relationships affected by trauma. Becoming trauma-informed creates a sustainable foundation in any setting to promote strength, engagement, and healing.
Please note: This workshop does not provide training related to trauma counselling. If that is what you are looking for, please check out our workshop, Trauma – Counselling Strategies for Healing and Resilience.Inquire about Training
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for anyone interested in learning more about the value of trauma-informed workplaces.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals and organizations
- List five key trauma-informed principles
- Describe practical strategies for implementing each of the five trauma-informed principles
- Assess their own organization for areas of trauma-informed strengths and weakness
- Identify trauma-informed goals to improve service delivery and program planning
- Trauma’s Ripple Effect
- What Is Trauma-Informed Care?
- Building a Trauma-Informed Culture
- Understanding Trauma
- 5 Principles of a Trauma-Informed Approach - Promote Awareness, Shift Attitudes, Provide Choice, Foster Safety, Highlight Strengths
- Post-Traumatic Growth and Resilience
- Steps for Implementing Principles