Brief Focused Counselling Skills
About this Workshop
Due to limited resources and time, brief counselling interventions that are effective and efficient are becoming more in demand. This workshop is designed to move beyond general counselling skills and offer increased capacity and confidence to those wanting to expand their existing knowledge base and current skill set. Participants will acquire a deeper understanding of Cognitive Behavioural, Strengths-Based, Narrative, and Solution-Focused counselling frameworks. Practical strategies and techniques from each of these frameworks will be explored, accompanied with experiential opportunities to assess and understand their application within a counselling context.Inquire about Training
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, support workers, and anyone wanting to gain increased capacity in counselling skills.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- History of Counselling Frameworks
- The Value and Purpose of Theory
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Strengths-Based Therapy (SBT)
- Narrative Therapy (NT)
- The Assessment Process
- Helping Clients Understand the Process
- Considerations Around Single Session Counselling
- How Who You Are Affects How You Help