Live Virtual Workshops
A Whole-School Approach
Credit Hours (CEC)
- Review the benefits and positive outcomes of using Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in the classroom
- Consider SEL as a whole school approach for enhancing staff well-being and student achievement
- Use practical strategies to increase social and emotional competence and resilience among school staff
- Master helpful approaches to foster SEL in students and in the classroom
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- The Benefits of SEL
- SEL Core Competencies
- Developing Self Awareness and Management
- Developing Social Awareness and Relational Skills
- Learning Responsible Decision Making
- Pillars of Effective SEL Implementation
- Ways to Cultivate a Caring Connection
- How to Help Students Connect and Contribute
This introductory to intermediate level workshop is intended for school personnel, childcare providers, and support workers in an educational environment.
Trainer: Mark Schinkel
For over 30 years, Mark Schinkel has served in public education as a Teacher, School Administrator, Executive Superintendent of Human Resource Services, and Senior Superintendent of Student Achievement and Well-Being with the Waterloo Region District School Board. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Management, as well as Bachelor of Education and Master of Religion degrees. Mark’s commitment to organizational wellness, personal resiliency, and leadership development provides a wealth of practical experience in creating the conditions that allow people to flourish in a safe, inclusive, healthy, and purposeful environments. He believes that effective helpers and leaders nurture the natural relationship between productivity, personal and organizational goals, healthy environments, and individual well-being. As an experienced and considerate facilitator, Mark places a high value on creating an engaging, practical, and fun learning experience that is focused on identified participant learning goals and outcomes.