Live Virtual Workshops
Credit Hours (CEC)
Restorative Justice Live Virtual (early rate expires 10-4-22)
Early rate expires 10/05/2022
- List the principles of restorative justice as contrasted with retributive justice
- Define common needs of those who have suffered, caused, and witnessed harm
- Identify steps to apply a restorative justice framework to their own environment
- Facilitate preparatory meetings for face-to-face encounters
- Facilitate face-to-face restorative justice encounters
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- Philosophy and Values of Restorative Justice
- Trauma and Restorative Justice
- Starting with a Needs-Based Approach
- The Role of Accountability and Repair
- Process Options
- Assessing What Process to Use
- How to Prepare People to Meet
- Key Facilitation Approaches and Skills
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for anyone wishing to learn more about the principles of restorative justice and how to facilitate restorative encounters.
Trainer: Alana Abramson
Alana has extensive experience working in the areas of restorative justice in justice, community, and school settings. She holds a PhD in Criminology on the topic of transformational learning. In addition to training with CTRI, she is a Faculty member at Kwantlen Polytechnic University in the Criminology Department and restorative justice trainer for Fraser Region Community Justice Initiatives. She believes in collaborative dialogue and life-long learning as a source of personal and social transformation. Throughout her career, Alana has assisted in developing various initiatives involving elders, at-risk adults, people with disabilities, Indigenous communities, youth, former prisoners, and victims and survivors. She is an engaging presenter who is passionate about her work, which allows her to easily facilitate ongoing learning for workshop participants.