Live Virtual Workshops
Strategies to Strengthen Engagement
Credit Hours (CEC)
Online Counselling - Live Virtual Workshop - Nov. 18, 2022
- Describe the unique features of online counselling
- Identify safety concerns to consider in online counselling
- List steps for developing strong counselling relationships in an online environment
- Demonstrate skills for strengthening online counseling work
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- Getting Ready for Online Counselling
- Building Rapport in the Online Counselling Relationship
- Attending to Emotions Virtually
- Creating Safety Online
- Keys to Listening Over Video
- Creative Online Engagement Strategies
- Common Issues and Problems – What to Avoid
- Additions to Informed Consent
- Privacy and Confidentiality Considerations
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop intended for counsellors, therapists, social workers, psychologists, and other helpers who want to learn about the best practices related to online counselling.
Trainer: Jody Lambert
Jody is a Marriage & Family Therapist and Behaviour Analyst with over 13 years experience in the social services field. Designated as a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist, Canadian Certified Counsellor, as well as a Registered Clinical Counsellor in the province of BC. In addition to training with CTRI, she has a private practice where she supports individuals, couples, and families impacted by mental health and developmental disabilities. Jody approaches her work through a strength-based and systemic lens. She believes in the gifts of vulnerability, courage, and resiliency as tools for change. Jody is an authentic and enthusiastic facilitator who believes in learning through connection, stories, and humour. Her non-judgmental and engaging facilitation style gives participants space to learn and grow while taking in practical strategies. Jody is also a contributing author of CTRI’s book, Counselling in Relationships. Read blogs written by Jody here.