Live Virtual Workshops
Challenging Behaviours in Youth
Strategies for Intervention
Credit Hours (CEC)
Challenging Behaviours in Youth - Live Virtual - August 3, 2023; 9am-4pm Central Time
Early rate expires 07/13/2023
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the function of challenging behaviours
- Apply a coaching framework for behaviour change
- Evaluate their current intervention style
- Apply a framework for behaviour change
- Support children and youth in managing challenging behaviours
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- What is Challenging Behaviour?
- Your Response and the Role of Empathy
- When Challenging Behaviour Escalates
- Coaching and Providing Direction
- Finding Your Interaction Style
- Positioning Yourself to Coach
- Behaviour Guidance Strategies
- A Coaching Model for Challenging Behaviours
- Managing Aggressive Behaviours
- Strategies for Noncompliance Behaviours
- Working with Attention Seeking Behaviours
This is an introductory level workshop intended for school personnel, social service professionals, support workers, parents, and anyone working with children and youth who exhibit challenging behaviours.
Terms & Conditions
View our cancellation policy and other information regarding your live virtual workshop or for your in-person workshop.
Trainer: Paula Hutchinson
Paula is an enthusiastic educator, trainer and evaluation consultant. She has worked in clinical, school and community-based settings in the areas of mental health, (dis)Ability, and challenging behaviour with individuals, families and health profession teams. Paula believes that everyone, regardless of their diagnosis or abilities, has the right to experience a meaningful life free from barriers and stigma. And that only by working together to create sustainable solutions, can individuals, families, professionals and communities ensure that supports, services and policies are responsive and effective for all. As a facilitator, she brings her knowledge of adult education and learning principles to provide an engaging, practical and interactive workshop experience.