Live Virtual Workshops
Body-Oriented Trauma Counselling Strategies
Credit Hours (CEC)
Body-Oriented Trauma Counselling Strategies - Live Virtual - August 23-24, 2023; 9am-4pm Central Time
Early rate expires 08/03/2023
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify key principles of body-based counselling approaches including awareness of present experience, resourcing, and self-regulation interventions
- Apply tools to help resource clients and prepare them for trauma processing
- Practice skills to help clients build affect and sensation tolerance in preparation for trauma processing
- Describe the theory behind processing and transforming trauma within a body-based framework
- Deepen your existing approach to working with trauma by incorporating body-based techniques
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view webinar materials
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, case study exercises, personal reflection, delivered electronically.
Some of the Topics Included
- Body-Oriented Counselling Approaches
- How Trauma Is Stored in the Body
- The Role of the Helper as Guide and Co-Explorer
- Four Components of Body-Oriented Trauma Therapy
- Mutual Learning: Deep Listening and Psychoeducation
- Stabilization and Restoring Connection to the Present
- Tracking Body Sensations and Movement
- Strategies for Transforming Trauma
- Integration and Meaning Making
- Integrating Body-Based Counselling Into Existing Approach
Attendees should already have some training and experience working with trauma. This is an intermediate–advanced level workshop for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone working with people who have experienced trauma.
Terms & Conditions
View our cancellation policy and other information regarding your live virtual workshop or for your in-person workshop.
Trainer: Galya Chatterton
Galya is a certified counsellor who holds a Masters of Counselling. In addition to training with CTRI, she operates a private counselling practice focused on supporting individuals and couples to heal and thrive. As a counsellor, Galya has a client-centered approach and has helped individuals, couples and groups in a range of struggles and endeavors. She is constantly inspired by her clients and believes in the innate wisdom and potential of each of us. Galya values connection and learning and is thankful to have a career working intimately with others facilitating growth and the sharing of knowledge. In her workshops she creates a lighthearted and interactive environment where participants can explore new concepts and internalize learnings for immediate practical application. Read blogs written by Galya here.