Train-the-Trainer Certification Workshop
De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™
Credit Hours (CEC)
Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
- Certification allows you to present this workshop only at your organization of employment
- Attendance at the three-day train-the-trainer session required
|One-time Fee:||$1899 Certification Fee — Early Registration — $1699|
|Ongoing Fees:||$100 Annual Recertification Fee|
|*fees subject to change||$21.99 Per Participant Manual Fee|
- You and your employer must sign an agreement that indicates acceptance of the commitments involved. Please note that the registration process is not complete until we receive the agreement. Please email it to us at your earliest convenience.
- You must purchase a resource manual from CTRI for each participant attending in-house workshops.
- You must facilitate at least one training a year in order to maintain certification.
- You must present the workshop in a manner that is consistent with how CTRI presents the workshop.
How Train-the-Trainer Benefits OrganizationsLong term, the train-the-trainer program is the most cost-effective method to train existing and new staff. With a certified instructor on staff, organizations can offer as many workshops as needed throughout the year.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop in DetailOn the first day of the train-the-trainer program, participants will take the De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations workshop™. Day two begins with a question and answer session, followed by a detailed review of important workshop content. The day concludes with facilitation strategies, coaching, and preparation to present a portion of the workshop. On day three, each participant will present a section of the workshop
|9-4PM||Trainers experience the workshop as a participant|
|4:15-4:30PM||Review agendas for days 2 and 3|
|9-10AM||Debrief of day 1 and Q & A|
|10-2PM||Review of workshop content combined with facilitation strategies|
|2-4PM||Individual coaching and preparation to present part of workshop|
|9-3:30PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|3:30-4PM||Final thoughts and Q & A|
The Ideal Train-the-Trainer CandidateThis workshop has been successfully delivered by CTRI Trainers for the past decade. In addition to exceptional content in the De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™ workshop, CTRI trainers are dynamic and engaging presenters. To benefit from the same quality of workshops that CTRI delivers, it is imperative that thoughtful consideration be given to who would make a good in-house trainer. Ideally, they will have the following qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An engaging and insightful speaker
- An above average knowledge about violence
- Previous teaching and group facilitation skills
In-person events follow local guidelines for gathering. This workshop will transition to a virtual event should COVID restrictions limit in-person gatherings. Please call CTRI before booking flight/hotel room.
Trainer: Laval Martin
Laval believes it is vital for individuals and organizations to increase their violence-prevention capabilities. He is skilled at helping others develop understanding and increase capacity in being better equipped to de-escalating potentially violent behaviours. Laval has a life-long love for learning and has been leading trainings for close to ten years. He is a Registered Social Worker who holds both a Bachelors and a Master of Social Work degree. Laval has worked in the social service field for over a decade, working with various populations including mental health, developmental disabilities, and homelessness and poverty. He has extensive experience in crisis intervention from working in group homes, shelters, community centres, and drop-ins. As a trainer Laval makes training entertaining and keeps his learners engaged through incorporating real-world stories and examples.